ELIGIBILITY CONDITIONS (CBCS)
CHOICE BASED CREDIT SYSTEM (CBCS)
A pass in the Senior Secondary (+2) Examination (any academic stream) conducted by the H.P Board of School Education (or in case of Shashtri, pass in Prak Shashtri from Sanskrit Colleges affiliated to the HPU) or an examination accepted as equivalent thereto by the various bodies of the H.P. University.
- An applicant who has passed the qualifying examination with science stream shall be given preference in admission to B.Sc. Programme. An applicant who has passed the qualifying examination with commerce stream shall be given preference in admission to B. Com. Programme.
- An applicant must not be more than 23 years of age (25 years for girl students only) on 01-07-2021. The upper age limit is raised to 26 years for S.C. and S.T. applicants. However, in case of overage applicants, the Vice Chancellor, H.P. University may allow a relaxation up to six months.
- Only an applicant having passed 10+2 examination with English as one of the compulsory subjects from any Indian University/Board recognized by law can seek admission.
- Admission of a student is liable to be cancelled in case he/she furnishes incomplete/ wrong/ false information or in case of concealment of facts. Disciplinary action will also be taken against such a candidate.
- Initially all admissions shall be provisional and subject to the final approval by H.P. University.
- Rules of admission are subject to change as per the Himachal Pradesh University notifications issued from time to time.
- A regular candidate shall have to undergo the prescribed courses of study in the college for a period not less than three academic years (and not more than five academic years), and shall have to pass the examinations prescribed and fulfill such conditions as have been prescribed thereof.
- For the degree (B.A./ B. Sc./ B. Com.), the student will have to cumulate a minimum of 132 successful credit hours of coursework over a minimum of three and a maximum of five years from the date of admission
For PG Courses:
The college offers post-graduate programme in English, Hindi and Political Science. The number of seats including reserved is 30 in each subject. The seats will be filled up on the basis of the centralized entrance test to be conducted by the HP University. The students will have to apply in the college separately after the declaration of the entrance test result.
1. A boy student who has attained the age of 26 years on July 01, 2021 (upper age limit is raised to 29 years for ST/SC Candidates) and a girl student who has attained the age of 28 years on 1st July 2021 shall not be admitted in the College. The Vice-Chancellor shall have the power to permit age relaxation up to a maximum period of 6 months for reasons to be recorded in writing. However, the age bar shall not apply in the case of candidates in service nominated by the Government of H.P.
2. A candidate who fails in semester I, may be permitted to join semester II but he/she shall not be permitted to proceed from I semester to III semester without appearing in the examination.
3. At the time of semester I examination, the candidate may appear along with the semester II papers (if the University rules otherwise permit), but the student shall not be permitted to proceed from II semester to the IV semester without appearing in the examination.
4. The admission of a student migrating from another University shall be treated as provisional and shall be confirmed only when he/she produces the migration certificate and character certificate from the Head of the Institution last attended.
5. The admission will be made purely on merit in the entrance examination, subject to the number of seats available and the reservation as per University rules/roster.
6. All admissions are provisional subject to final approval by Himachal Pradesh University, Shimla. Candidates who have earned at least 20-24 credits in the concerned subject at UG Level will be eligible for admission to PG in that subject. PG courses are available in the subjects of Hindi, English and Political Science.